it is really a pleasure to have stumbled upon your blog and to have find someone with very similar taste and cause… I want to connect with you and know you more.
and do let me know how to contact you personally.
you are right on the money. I have always maintained that just passing news laws is not going to get us anywhere unless the implementation is with honest people. Our problem is not that there are no laws but that there is no implementation or that implementation is selective. It took Supreme Court to force CBI to arrest Raja and Hasan Ali as well as others. Do you think without Supreme Court’s intervention Kani would have been arrested or a case filed against her? I doubt it. In order to take implementation into our hands, we need to control the government which means replacing the current group of politicians. Very difficult task but we can do it. I have a plan. It is on this subject that I am also writing a book.
thanks for your comment.
Elections is also not a solution. Honest persons cannot win election in India. Corrupt people buy votes and get elected.]]>
Thanks for your mail.
Orignally, my logic was that we change the system by bringing competition into politics. The thought we can do this by honest people fighting as independents. However, I realized this would not achieve much because the current political parties would be in control and my being an MP or MLC would be useless. I have realized that if we want to bring about a change, we have to get into power in one go and I have thought of a way to at least try to do so. Since I cannot implement the plan alone, I want to bring it in the public domain. For this, I am in the process of writing a book on the subject to explain my plan in detail with logic.
I believe that even we have the Lokpal bill, it may be a step forward but it will not achieve much. People are fighting over trying to bring PM under the Lokpal. This issue at this stage is insignificant. If all the others are made accountable, PM will not be able to do anything. What is more important that we get everybody in the government accountable and a fast implementation of the law.
If Jago Party is interested in listening to my idea, I will be happy to discuss with you and the leadership of your party.
I am interested in fighting elections but when I don’t know.
thanks for your response.
Actually, you are saying what I am saying. I am also saying support the cause of corruption. I started my website on this issue much begore Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev started talking about it. As you said in your response, I do not support the method. In fact, I think Baba Ramdev has lost a great opportunity. Baba Ramdev has ground level support and name recognition all over the country. He should have used this to help a group of people win elections rather than going on fast. Imagine Baba Ramdev supported a group of people who won the elections in a particular state. Don’t you think he would be able to make appropriate laws at the state level to reduce corruption?
Right now, I think Baba muddled up the issue. First, as mentioned above he should have used his popularity to assist the right people to win elections. Second, he should have waited for Anna Hazare’s talks with the government to be over. If the discussion was going the way it is now, he should have have joined forces with Anna Hazare to strengthen the movement. Now I believe that the overall movement has been weakened.]]>
thanks for your response. I regret that I don’t agree with you. Nitish Kumar has won in Bihar and he has won on the basis of governance. CPM and DMK have been thrown out also on the basis of governance and corruption. To say that people in the villages do not understand any and all issues would be incorrect. People in the villages are as fed up with corruption as we are in the cities. The uneducated are as fed up with corruption as the educated. The uneducated may not understand foreign policy issues but they do undertstand issues related to roti, kapada and makaan.
Today, I was watching an interview of a jounalist on the TV and what I heard I think is relevant in India also. In the revolutions taking place in the middle east in various countries, no one is talking about religion, al quieda or religious extreminism. Everyone who is taking part in these revolution is talking about liberty, freedom, jobs and a higher standard of living. The same is now true of most of India. People are increasingly becoming more interested in water, electricity, jobs and development and not other issues like caste etc.
You cannot blame the people for voting the way they do. When I voted last time what were my choices. Either Congress or BJP. Whichever way I voted I knew I am in a jam. I didn’t see an alternative other than that.
We are already in jungle raj but we have the means to overcome the jungle raj by winning elections and making the changes. If, instead we allow small groups of people like Anna Hazare and Baba Ramdev to force their will on the government would be destroying the basic principles of democracy.]]>
We have to support Anna Hazare and eliminate corrupt politicians. Students should support Anna Hazare
Student Reprsentatives of Adhiyaman College of Engineering
Smt. MEIRA KUMAR, LOK SABHA SPEAKER
20 Akbar Road, New Delhi – 110 011
ACTION REQUESTED: STUDENTS REQUEST – DISQUALIFY DR. THAMBI DURAI FROM 2G SPECTRUM SCAM JOINT PARLIAMENT COMMITTEE & MP
We request you to remove Dr. Thambi Durai (AIADMK MP) from 2G spectrum scam JPC. Following reasons
- We are students and college staff members in Adhiyaman College of Engineering (Address: Dr. MGR Nagar, Hosur, Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu, PIN CODE – 635109). Dr. Bhanumathi is our Chairperson (Wife of Dr. Thambi Durai)
- Dr. Thambi Durai is a corrupted individual. In our opinion, he is not qualified to investigate corruption of other politicians.
- He and his wife own about 10 Engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu and many other colleges in Faridabad, UP (Adhiyaman Educational Trust). Their value is Rs. 3000 Crore rupees, but his election affidavit hides this detail. Many in college management told that he gave false details to Election commission. Election Commission, please start investigation
- Tamil Nadu state Government Education department stipulates Engineering colleges should collect tuition fees as per their ceiling limits (Approx. Rs. 45,000 per year). But Adhiyaman Engineering college authorities collect money from students at a double rate (Rs. 80,000 per year). Forcing poor middle class students to pay higher fees is a crime. We have evidence records to prove.
- College Management prepares fake salary vouchers to show to UGC and AICTE. College staff is paid very less salary in hand. They are also angry about this cheating
- Even when DMK was ruling, Adhiyaman college authorities were never afraid about the Government and still collected higher tuition fees. Thambi Durai has friends in DMK and he used to threaten in case of student complaints. How do you expect him to probe and bring out truth in 2G scam when DMK members are his friends
- In DMK ruling, Thambi Durai and his Management involved in several corrupt dealings to receive Government aids and licenses. To change our college status (Government aided college status), college Management paid Rs. 50 Lakh to former Vice Chancellor Dr. Radha Krishnan. Later Dr. Radha Krishnan was arrested (corruption). One AICTE inspection member was also paid by Dr. Radha Krishnan. We have bank transaction details proof and willing cooperate in secret. This money was given to a trust owned by Dr. Radha Krishnan’s wife in Coimbatore.
- Dr. Thambi Durai bribed many Vice Chancellors and Education Minister in DMK period. He is involved in many money dealings with them and he made two Vice Chancellors (Dr. Viswanathan and Dr. S. Kaliappan) to join his party (AIADMK). Vice Chancellors helped Dr. Thambi Durai in many approvals and licenses. No complaint about Adhiyaman college is never investigated by Education Department
- UGC members and AICTE members are also paid in money for keeping quiet. Old Coimbatore VC Radha Krishnan knows all details
- We have no trust State Government will take action. No action in DMK government and definitely no action in AIADMK government
- Relatives of Bangalore Court Judge (B M Mallikarjuniah) studying in our college. Tuition is completely free for them. Everything is free for them. This Judge is handling some important cases related to MP Mr. Thambi Durai. Sometimes relatives of this judge stayed in our Guest house. He can even bribe Judges, and close the case. Very powerful person
- He used many staff members and students to give money voters in Karur (MP election in 2009). 70 crores spent in election. Unaccounted money in Adhiyaman Educational trust was illegally transferred to Karur and distributed to voters (Rupees 500 for one vote, Rupees 2000 for one family). It is an open secret in college.
Based on reasons, please remove corrupt AIADMK MP Dr Thambi Durai from 2G spectrum JPC and disqualify him as MP. Please start corrupt cases against him. Jail him.
If no action from you, we go for hunger strike. Some of our poor students, suffering from high tuition fees, are planning to
Student Representatives of Adhiyaman Engineering College & Management Staff
Carbon Copy To:
1) Mr. PC Chacko, MP, JPC Chairperson
2) CEC, Election Commission of India
3) 2G JPC Members
4) Chief Vigilance Commission
14) Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Janata Party “
But Annaji,for this noble cause,Next generation onwards will worship as GOD if you become successful in implementing equitable LOKPAL Bill.
We are with you. Keep it continue.]]>